The registration includes writing a letter of application in which you sincerely tell us why you wish to join.
Thank you for your interest in this forum.
Would you like to become one of us? Then it's mandatory that you read, fully understand, accept the informal ethical guidelines below, so that you understand what is the driving spirit of this community.
Salient points outlining our community ethos:
1) Sharing personal experiences and having falsifiable rational arguments is highly appreciated. Pointless speculation, conspiracy theories, or outlandish fringe materials failing these conditions are not wanted.
2) Agnostic and open for many types of beliefs, but very critical of selfish and narcissistic behavior. Endorsing such is forbidden: this especially concerns identity politics which is a mire of endless conflicts.
3) Embrace humanity and accept others without giving them problems. Gentleness, patience, politeness, and moderation are good virtues to live up to, both in the heart and in the external conduct. Give the benefit of doubt to others and scrutinize yourself instead of whatever external you may find upsetting. Once you have made your point in a controversial matter, it's expected that the issue remains completely in the past and isn't brought up again. Outright character assassinations are forbidden. No implied or actually violent messages nor threats are allowed either.
4) Peace and healing are our fundamental values. However, this is not the place to get support for your life issues, whether they are medical, legal, mundane, or otherworldly.
5) Discernment is highly valued and dissidence tolerated, but overt discrimination refused.
6) Everyone has a valuable voice, but don't put yourself or your pet causes on a pedestal.
7) Fun is encouraged, but not at the cost of losing severity to the sacred and good works therein.
8) Honesty and integrity is always expected: just be your natural self and at ease. Please don't breach the trust and the goodwill.
9) Our paradigm is doing personal practice and having good quality technical discussion instead of entertaining a chatty social environment with sloppily written opinions which have no archival value for future reference. Please understand that this place doesn't offer any "general discussion" area, social media connections, nor fondness of instant messaging writing style for this very reason.
10) Sharing your mind here requires that you own the moral and legal rights, including copyrights and other immaterial rights, to the content you contribute. Only participate if you are comfortable that your writing stays online indefinitely and are aware that we are unlikely to remove content upon request.
11) Good things are worth of giving good in return, and it isn't virtuous to cheapen the good. Unlicensed commercial activity and promotion is forbidden, and haggling and begging are forbidden by extension.
12) Altruism and genuine care for others are timeless virtues, but compassion needs to be checked with wisdom. Some people can't be helped, and some are unable to give fitting help. Aspire to be aware of your own inexperience, limitations, and blind spots when giving advice, and don't overestimate your capability to give helpful advice under any circumstance.
13) Understanding the possibility of abuse is important, but this site is not a platform for resolving these or other ongoing personal conflicts. If you wish to share your personal abuse experiences, then please adjust your writing with enough anonymity, so that neither you nor any other party can be confidently recognized. Even bad situations can be turned into learning opportunities, and we would rather learn about how you bounced back and grew as a person than spend time bickering how awful someone else may have been.
14) All content is subject to curation and expected to be of superior quality that stands time and changing trends. This quality check also extends to all sources which are referenced in articles and ordinary messages, and we really expect that our users only refer to trustworthy and reputable sources to back their claims. If something is worth discussing, then there surely must exist better takes on the matter than what aggressive marketing sites and controversial "alternative health" platforms may have for say, for example.
15) We greatly value accurate discernment over what is beneficial and what harmful. To facilitate quick learning, we have declared a total ban for any and all uncritical positive appraisal of certain organizations, teachers, and their practices. Please review the discussion thread titled "List of BANNED Teachers and Practices" and make sure to comply with these requirements and further references given in the thread's initial post before participating in any discussion. Likewise, we have declared a ban on the promulgation of occult teachings in any form. Please review the discussion thread titled "Separating Legitimate Magic from Occultism: Real Authority Comes from Lineage and its Virtues" to understand why we value proper lineages and spiritual authority.
16) We hope that unapproved (i.e. being without the forum staff's direct recognition) internal arts teachers and their teachings aren't much discussed by inexperienced people, except in users' personal training journals when training with the teacher(s) is ongoing. What do we deem as wise discussion basis then? Real personal experience and maturity. To give some idea, here are three suggested criteria:
Why are the ethical guidelines important to follow? We want you to understand that we offer you membership without any monetary charge, but we instead ask you to return this kindness in lasting goodwill and respect for your fellow practitioners in exchange. Therefore, these guidelines are not supposed to be a mere litany of "don't do these", but highlighting a community ethos in the positive sense.
Failing to adhere to the community ethos may result in verbal discouragements or actual sanction(s) that will limit your ability to use this discussion forum. Supervision and discernment will always be on the side of the staff, hence we are not too fond of lining out exact jurisprudence. This list can be amended at any time so please be sure to keep vigil for possible changes.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 16 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
You agree to not use the Service for asking medical or legal advice. If you decide to apply any user-generated content as advice or instruction, then you alone are entirely responsible for your own well-being and whatever may follow. If you do not agree to take personal responsibility for your own choices and actions, then please do not register or use the Service.
You agree to not use the Service for advertising or commercial promotion of any services or products without our explicit written consent. We may revoke any such permission(s) without notice at any time.
We have strongly and explicitly decreed some topics or activities relating to them as forbidden. Using the Service to engage, defend, or promote these is in violation of our terms. It remains your responsibility to read and comply with our Service announcements and publicly visible policy declarations.
We restrict that any person may only have one (1) user account on this Service. Registering multiple user accounts or re-registering after you have violated our terms are both disallowed.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
Any of this Service's special access content, which is hidden from non-registered users and non-privileged user groups by default, is meant as private communication. Public sharing or referring to such content or its authors, whether directly or indirectly, is entirely forbidden without the explicit written permission of the authors and all the relevant copyright holders.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, then please delete it yourself from the account menu. Failing this, you may contact us for further help.