Alchemical Garden Forum

Please visit Entering the Garden and discover what are our sustaining roots. You may only apply with us if you agree and consent to our Community Vision and Purpose and Ethos and Ethical Guidelines.

The registration includes writing a letter of application in which you sincerely tell us why you wish to join.

feedback Fragrant qi gong has saved my life

Good constructive feedback helps us all get forward when it's directly given to the right people. Non-constructive initiatives are unlikely to garner attention or support.

Toni

Student
It is called Bigu (abstaining from grains). It includes all grains wheat, barley, rice, rye, corn, etc. It has been shown that all grains promote the growth of unhealthy gut flora. Sugar, fructose and some sweeteners do that too. Consume pseudocereals like buckwheat, amaranth etc and tubers or roots instead.
Nice, I thought bigu was the chinese name for fasting, not for abstaining from grains

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Roots of Virtue

At Your Service
Staff member
Nice, I thought bigu was the chinese name for fasting, not for abstaining from grains

The literal meaning of bigu is "avoiding grains." In Daoist practice it can mean both. In the former sense, you are so full of energy that you experience the spontaneous need for fasting. Sifu Dolic has written about those experiences on his website in case you are interested to learn more. Fragrant Qigong has also induced spontaneous fasting experiences to many people in their healing process.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Toni

Student
The literal meaning of bigu is "avoiding grains." In Daoist practice it can mean both. In the former sense, you are so full of energy that you experience the spontaneous need for fasting. Sifu Dolic has written about those experiences on his website in case you are interested to learn more. Fragrant Qigong has also induced spontaneous fasting experiences to many people in their healing process.
I began fragrant qi gong in the beginning of octuber of 2018. In two weeks it induced me a powerful spontaneous fasting for a few days. I didn't eat almost anything for days, and I was full of energy. I stopped fragrant qi gong in may 2019, and I have resumed the practice in february 2021. I have done it every day since then but it hasn't induced me this real fasting again.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Zork

Grand Inquisitor
Tutor
I began fragrant qi gong in the beginning of octuber of 2018. In two weeks it induced me a powerful spontaneous fasting for a few days. I didn't eat almost anything for days, and I was full of energy. I stopped fragrant qi gong in may 2019, and I have resumed the practice in february 2021. I have done it every day since then but it hasn't induced me this real fasting again.
in my limited knowledge, fragrant like spontaneous work differently each time you practice them. So don't expect fasting to happen. If it happens then all is fine, if it doesn't then we are cool too! :-)

• Equanimity
Reactions: