Alchemical Garden Forum

Please visit Entering the Garden and discover what are our sustaining roots. You may only apply with us if you agree and consent to our Community Vision and Purpose and Ethos and Ethical Guidelines.

The registration includes writing a letter of application in which you sincerely tell us why you wish to join.

journal Earl Grey's Xin Yi progress journal

Dear diary! It was high time I started a journal. Today I did blah, blah, blah...

Keeping a track of your own training schedule and results can be very helpful to yourself and others.

Earl Grey

Gonzo Daoist and Dharma Punk
@Earl Grey, I find your explanations here on Xin Yi to be quite enlightening as prior to this forum I had never even heard of this martial art. Is it a newer art or has it just been kept under wraps all this time?

Hidden.

These principles here caught my eye as I've not seen this discussed much...can you elaborate a bit (if possible that is)?

You form intelligent muscle and work with the joints because raw muscle alone isn't strong enough (or intelligent), and this makes sure that these systems work with the fascia.

You won't be able to activate them separately or together without following the proper learning sequence though as the body needs time to develop physically and more time to integrate with the mind and intent each.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

khuf

Student
Hidden.

You form intelligent muscle and work with the joints because raw muscle alone isn't strong enough (or intelligent), and this makes sure that these systems work with the fascia.

You won't be able to activate them separately or together without following the proper learning sequence though as the body needs time to develop physically and more time to integrate with the mind and intent each.
Thanks for the clarification.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Earl Grey

My daily Xin Yi training:

Mornings
A: Core and fascia activation bed exercises, Throwing Hands, Contracting, Linking, Competing, Contradicting, Martial modification of Sun Salutations, Baduanjin
B1: HIIT 15 minutes
B2: Fascia strengthening for arms and legs
C: Zhan Zhuang 2-4 episodes

Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: A, B1, C
Tuesdays and Thursdays: A, B2, C

Afternoon
Saturdays and Sundays: Zhan Zhuang 2-6 episodes

Mondays through Fridays:
Iron Shirt 15 minutes after doing Advanced Flying Phoenix

Saturdays:
Strength trial and fajin

Sundays:
Rest

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Earl Grey

Current struggles with fajin: matching the percentages. It is a struggle to physically match my mental intent: I have found trying to go beyond 3-5% emission is hard because if I exert 70% effort, I'm not able to emit 70%. Instead, I max out around 5% and am checking where I'm losing my focus, relaxation, and the resulting emission. This is less a physical limitation and more of a loose wiring or connection. Analogous to this would be having the voltage needed, but the bulb is too small to be able to illuminate as much power as I'm giving it--the equivalent of 10,000 gigawatts and the light not illuminating beyond 100 watts, not because it's a 100-watt bulb, but because the wires aren't carrying enough voltage to do it.

• Equanimity
Reactions: