Alchemical Garden Forum

Please visit Entering the Garden and discover what are our sustaining roots. You may only apply with us if you agree and consent to our Community Vision and Purpose and Ethos and Ethical Guidelines.

The registration includes writing a letter of application in which you sincerely tell us why you wish to join.

group study George Xu's Video Teaching Series on Patreon

Group study openly invites people to exchange thoughts together based on premises that are always explicitly pointed out, however loose they might be, and when any fixed outcome isn't called for. It's good to keep mindful and respectful of both what is and what isn't relevant for discussion though.

Energetic conflict(s):      None. Only usual carefulness is asked.

Precaution(s):     
  1. Forging ahead with Enthusiasm (ambitious and competitive spirit creates agitation)
  2. Advanced (beginners would not benefit from trying to sidestep laying the correct foundation)
  3. Emotional Balance (training can become risky if one's heart is not calm)

Discussion premise:      Comparative study (e.g. formal cultivation methods across different traditions, generic Qigong training principles, folk traditions, etc.) — Please try to uphold this point of view so that the discussion always returns to it.

This is a new video series for studying internal kungfu with an accomplished master with good reputation:

I recently reviewed Master George Xu's short clips on the Xinyi analysis thread, and I found that his martial skills are worthy. You should check the following Youtube channel for more of his video demonstrations in case you are interested about follow-up teachings:

My two favorite videos are these:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSai7E8jDJc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnJOgUu4LrM

Master Xu's English is quite poor, but the clips clearly show that his skill to teach and present the core aspects of his teaching are not obstructed by the language barrier. This is because he goes into the substance and continually shows by example how to accomplish it yourself instead of offering filler lessons.

Now, I want to make clear that I haven't watched any of his Patreon videos and can't give any direct endorsement as a result. I only want to bring up this online study opportunity for the serious students of internal martial arts. The current price, $9 per month, is a real bargain, so there is little to lose in case you are skeptical or become disappointed.

We welcome any reviews of George Xu's Patreon videos!