Alchemical Garden Forum

Please visit Entering the Garden and discover what are our sustaining roots. You may only apply with us if you agree and consent to our Community Vision and Purpose and Ethos and Ethical Guidelines.

The registration includes writing a letter of application in which you sincerely tell us why you wish to join.

interview An Interview with Chinese Internal Arts Teacher Sifu John Dolic

Interview is a good format for getting to know a person better.

Roots of Virtue

At Your Service
Staff member

An Interview with Chinese Internal Arts Teacher Sifu John Dolic​

The finished article will be featured here in the first post.

In the meanwhile, please read the post below for participation instructions.

Last edited:

Roots of Virtue

At Your Service
Staff member
I'm planning to interview Sifu John Dolic through a video chat, but also possibly through email. There is currently no fixed date when the interview will be finalized, but my guesstimate is by the end of May.

User contributed questions are welcome, although rest assured that I will curate all of them and make edits as I see fit. If you have any questions or are wondering about something in his practice or teachings, now it would be the time start figuring what exactly you would like to ask.

The particular topic that I'm interested to ask about is Teaching and Teachers. Here is a rough draft about my line of inquiry:
  • How was Sifu John's transitioning to teaching the arts he has learned? What prepared him the best?
  • Are there some memorable occasions or insights that teaching others has provided him?
  • What were Sifu John's most difficult learning experiences with teachers and when practicing alone?
  • Please give us a short synopsis on what internal skills you have learned and with whom. What did each of these teach in terms of wisdom and ethics, if something particularly stood out?
More questions will be added later.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Earl Grey

Gonzo Daoist and Dharma Punk
I’d also like to add that he has a book he is working on talking about these experiences, “The Kung Fu Doctor”. So a far more narrative experience will address these questions that may come up too.

• Equanimity
  • Loving-kindness
Reactions:

endbegin

Practitioner
Tutor
May I add, "At what point did you realise you were interested in/able to teach? Was this offered by your own teacher, or conversation that you initiated, or a bit of both?"

• Equanimity
Reactions: