Alchemical Garden Forum

Please visit Entering the Garden and discover what are our sustaining roots. You may only apply with us if you agree and consent to our Community Vision and Purpose and Ethos and Ethical Guidelines.

The registration includes writing a letter of application in which you sincerely tell us why you wish to join.

feedback khuf's Past Training and Assorted Advice

Good constructive feedback helps us all get forward when it's directly given to the right people, although sometimes feedback might be of more indirect and anecdotal type. Unhelpful initiatives are unlikely to garner attention or support.

Energetic conflict(s):      None. Only usual carefulness is asked.

Precaution(s):     
  1. Teacher Needed (learning is too difficult without teacher's detailed assistance or supervision)
  2. The Great Work (internal arts are difficult and life's challenges range from temptations to harmless diversions, but it's important to persist in everything correct)
  3. Hold on to Your Wallet (scam or abuse alert: the teacher and the teachings are suspect)

Discussion premise:      Comparative study (e.g. formal cultivation methods across different traditions, generic Qigong training principles, folk traditions, etc.)

Earl Grey

Gonzo Daoist and Dharma Punk
The above sounds more like prying a third eye open with a crowbar than gradual (and safer) coaxing.

I think I can see why your health issues arose.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

khuf

Student
@Earl Grey i would agree with you…it’s probably why he was so schizophrenic as well.

On the health portion it’s funny because I was unhealthy before his class and also after…but during that year I had no health complaints. My mom still remembers that to this day…she would say that even though that “karate “ master was crazy, it is still the only time in my life that I was completely healthy. Life truly can be quite mysterious sometimes.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Roots of Virtue

At Your Service
Staff member
Then, he started to answer questions you had in your mind for years but never got answers to...he directly looked into my eyes once and answered a question I long wanted to find out about. To be clear, it was why some otherwise spiritually minded people smoked marijuana - he looked directly at me and quietly said that some persons did in fact smoke marijuana for spiritual purposes. I even forgot I had this question lingering from years back (I never voiced this question out loud to anyone mind you) but certainly it was strange that he could pull it out of my subconscious like that. He did this with everyone at some point or the other in class.

Unethical if he uses psychic skills or mind reading on you without prior permission or to show off.

The class is now only about twelve persons but he upped the ante even further. He now announced that he can see spirits and in fact there is one currently residing in a corner of the classroom watching our fervent efforts.

Even if true, then what's good about announcing such skills or spiritual encounters? Sounds like useless, egoistic bragging to me.

I'll now give just a point by point of some of the more interesting things that happened over the course of the year (he now had the hardiest bunch so he could fully express his personality)...does it indicate he had an open heavenly eye or was he a talented magician?

The third eye opening can be more than just on or off: there can be partial psychic vision. This can manifest as superficial psychic skills and clairvoyance, but it isn't the real deal.

It's a serious problem for some practitioners that they develop a premature opening of the third eye when they don't have their energetic grounding and rooting developed and they have their heart chakra closed. This easily leads to psychological problems and unethical behavior.

He said that in the past he would train his students to not inch up from being in the forward split by completely turning his back to the students and anyone who dared move an inch he would immediately spin around and without any hesitation or aiming whatsoever throw a razor-sharp dart at the exact spot to the mm where their toes were (that group trained in grass)!!! I later asked one of his senior students that came to train us if this was true and he indicated in the affirmative-apparently no one was ever injured either. He told us this to say that he actually had cooled down quite a bit in his temperament and was taking it easy on us!

Completely unnecessary and unethical show-off. Did he even ask everyone's consent?

He opined one day that he knew a master of ninjutsu and if he were here you would never be able to tell because you couldn't be alert enough to see or hear him before he took you out. Never investigated this art so don't have a clue about this claim.

Useless boasting.

We had two classes during the week and sometimes he would come as himself and others he would come as one of the most odious and perverse characters you could be unlucky enough to meet. It was like he had schizophrenia sometimes...

What do you mean by "the most odious and perverse characters you could be unlucky enough to meet"?

Schizophrenia is always sign of sickness and shouldn't happen with spiritually advanced people.

Before he gave us our Gi he said that he had to perform a special ceremony on it first...there was a lone female in the class and she said that this is fine as long as it doesn't violate her Christian values in any way...he seemed amused by this and said that in fact, at its core, what he does and Christianity is the same.

He seems to have had very odd confidence and perspective. Do you feel he was clearly upholding any of the three items: traditional Christian view (upholding the Holy Trinity and the Judeo-Christian worldview), traditional Christian conduct (turning the other cheek, charity, etc.), and traditional Christian practice (fervent prayer to Christ and abandoning other divinities)?

He peculiarly looked at one of my training group (at his torso region...he seemed to be trying to see inside his spine lol) and then announced that his lifeline is short!!

It definitely is unethical to randomly say anything intimidating to a person without a proper reason.

One time two people from a sister school came to train with us, a boy and a girl. Before they started to train, he gave them that peculiar look again and casually announced to all and sundry that it seems that they have been hiding the fact that they are intimately involved !! The girl, who was of full Korean heritage so very light-skinned, turned the brightest red color you could possibly imagine and didn't speak a single word the entire class afterwards lol. The guy asked how could he tell and he said that their auras are linked. @Roots of Virtue, @Neirong is this something you guys know of? He could have just as easily got this info from the Sifu of the other school if that guy knew, so I don't know. Needless to say, we never saw the two of them again.

Could be typical cold reading skills also. Nevertheless, his manners were needlessly impolite.

One time we went to a tournament with other schools and there was this peculiar-looking character skulking (literally) about the grounds. If there was a need for a character to play the part of a hungry ghost for a movie then this guy was it lol. Some other persons then pulled us aside and said that he was banned by the school for some time for practising the black arts...we then tried our best to stay as far away from him as possible. Of course, as fate would have it, while we were attempting to perfect our technique which we had to perform in front of about two hundred persons later that day, said character appeared in order to give us his sage advice!! He said to us without skipping a beat that the technique we are performing is quite useless for us because we do not possess any martial power...but that it is different for him since he did the black arts at one time in the past!! Apparently, I seemed to him like a person who needed a practical demonstration to be convinced so he immediately moved my partner aside and performed the technique on me. He barely touched me with the side of his hand (think using your hand in a chopping motion) and my entire body immediately was covered in goosebumps and a most peculiar feeling (a sort of energy wave) seemed to ripple through my body. He grinned in satisfaction when he looked at me because he could see the blow had the intended effect.

Psychic self-defense begins with staying away from shady people who give bad vibes.

So, in order to cut this post short before it is a novel, I will just say about what cut short this adventure with the Taekwondo sifu. One day we showed up to class and someone we didn't recognize was there. He immediately told us that the master has indicated that this class is now finished...we tried to get more info but this guy offered no more lol. That was the last I ever saw of this sifu.

If you've read through this post you might be wondering why this sifu didn't give us some strange teaching to practise if he did things in such a mysterious way. Well, he in fact did. About two weeks prior to canceling the class he told us that he wants to get us moving forward at a faster rate. So, we should start doing some homework. The homework was to visualize a fierce deity with six arms, eyes of fire and gnashing teeth who was in the position of dancing with one leg crossed over the other at the knee (he was very specific with the position). We should do this each morning without missing a day but the important piece was that we should not only merely visualize this but that we should feel in our very core that we and the female deity are the same being. Of course, we asked what would happen if we did this and as he usually did, he just said that practice it and you will see very soon what would happen. We all however stopped this practice as soon as the class concluded so no one ever knew what the outcome would have been.

All "wrathful deity practices" are advanced tantra and require proper initiations and instructions. You received none. You all were wise to cut out the practice relatively soon. If you ever make contact with a Tibetan Buddhist teacher or Tibetan medicine practitioner, then you should ask about this teacher's "wrathful deity practice" and how it could have affected you.

On the health portion it’s funny because I was unhealthy before his class and also after…but during that year I had no health complaints. My mom still remembers that to this day…she would say that even though that “karate “ master was crazy, it is still the only time in my life that I was completely healthy. Life truly can be quite mysterious sometimes.

This type of physical exercise suited you.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Pak_Satrio

Practitioner
Tutor
@khuf man that story was a wild ride! Hopefully those guys didn’t do too much damage to you.

If I may make another suggestion, I would echo what @Roots of Virtue says and do some physical exercise every so often in tandem with your meditation. My neigong teacher recommends doing HIIT for 15 minutes around 3 times a week, with a break between each session. If you can, please try this and see if it helps.

Edit: a day’s break between each session so one day exercise, the next day rest

Last edited:
  • Equanimity
Reactions:

khuf

Student
Even if true, then what's good about announcing such skills or spiritual encounters? Sounds like useless, egoistic bragging to me.
I would agree with this assessment.

The third eye opening can be more than just on or off: there can be partial psychic vision. This can manifest as superficial psychic skills and clairvoyance, but it isn't the real deal.

It's a serious problem for some practitioners that they develop a premature opening of the third eye when they don't have their energetic grounding and rooting developed and they have their heart chakra closed. This easily leads to psychological problems and unethical behavior
@Roots of Virtue thanks again for enhancing my knowledge on such things and I think that in fact this may have been the case with him

What do you mean by "the most odious and perverse characters you could be unlucky enough to meet"?
Just meant that his character seem to be devolved to a very low level for some reason at times

He seems to have had very odd confidence and perspective. Do you feel he was clearly upholding any of the three items: traditional Christian view (upholding the Holy Trinity and the Judeo-Christian worldview), traditional Christian conduct (turning the other cheek, charity, etc.), and traditional Christian practice (fervent prayer to Christ and abandoning other divinities)?
Odd confidence and perspective was his entire personality. In terms of Christianity though, he seemed to take issue with this religion for some reason. He once mentioned to us that even though Christians always say you have to go to church, that in fact right outside their churches there are countless spirits milling about which they don't even know about - such a statement doesn't of course prove anything but this is the odd perspective again. I did find it funny though that his best student was a Catholic lol

Could be typical cold reading skills also
Yes very true.

All "wrathful deity practices" are advanced tantra and require proper initiations and instructions. You received none. You all were wise to cut out the practice relatively soon. If you ever make contact with a Tibetan Buddhist teacher or Tibetan medicine practitioner, then you should ask about this teacher's "wrathful deity practice" and how it could have affected you.

Thanks for letting me know the term for such practices...i will remember to ask the question if/when the opportunity arises.

This type of physical exercise suited you
Yes at the time it definitely did.

@khuf man that story was a wild ride! Hopefully those guys didn’t do too much damage to you
yes it was wild lol. In terms of damage the only lingering effect I could pinpoint was daily for about one week after the encounter with the dark arts character...every time I recalled the incident the hairs all over my body would stand on end - could just be a fear response though. That passed soon enough thankfully. The "wrathful deity practice" however I can't say.

If I may make another suggestion, I would echo what @Roots of Virtue says and do some physical exercise every so often in tandem with your meditation. My neigong teacher recommends doing HIIT for 15 minutes around 3 times a week, with a break between each session. If you can, please try this and see if it helps.
@Pak_Satrio this is a very good idea and I will try to implement soon...is this just general cardio we're talking about here?

• Equanimity
Reactions: