Alchemical Garden Forum

Please visit Entering the Garden and discover what are our sustaining roots. You may only apply with us if you agree and consent to our Community Vision and Purpose and Ethos and Ethical Guidelines.

The registration includes writing a letter of application in which you sincerely tell us why you wish to join.

group study Flying Phoenix 2024 Thread

Group study openly invites people to learn and exchange thoughts together based on premises that are always explicitly pointed out, however loose they might be. Any fixed discussion outcomes aren't called for, but the intent is in personal growth and understanding. It's good to keep mindful and respectful of both what is and what isn't relevant for discussion though.

Earl Grey

Gonzo Daoist and Dharma Punk
Welcome to the 2024 thread!

Zen-Bear

Sifu Terry Dunn
Teacher
2024 Flying Phoenix Qigong WORKSHOP poster(FINAL).jpg

TO THE FLYING PHOENIX QIGONG COMMUNITY:

On Chinese New Year's weekend 2024, February 9 to 11, I will be giving a 3-day, 14-hour immersive workshop on Flying Phoenix Qigong and its Ehrmei Mtn. Bok Fu Pai sister arts internal arts at the Dragon Nest Center in New Paltz, NY. This workshop will be Zoomable. WHAT BETTER WAY TO BRING IN THE NEW YEAR OF THE DRAGON?!!

It will be an excellent opportunity for practitioners get corrections on their form and breathing technique and to further establish their FP Qigong practice...and for beginners to test out their Phoenix wings and get initiated by taking a Great Phoenix Flight Forward. (Note how I prefer to use "Flight" instead of the word "Leap"--to avoid any tribute to Mao.)

Besides bringing in the Lunar New Year, this workshop will be a special reunion of a lot of my veteran students from my Lenox, MA workshops starting in 2017. Thus I will be teaching some advanced practices in the latter 5 sessions of the workshop--drawn from FPCK's powerful sister arts in the Ehrmei Bok Fu Pai tradition. Arts such as: 10,000 Buddhas Ascend to Heaven Meditations, Feng Do Duk's Ten San Gung Meditations, Level 2 Flying Phoenix, as well as this Preparatory Form for Bat Din Gum (8 Sections of energy Combined), which requires previous yogic experience or good flexibility in the hips and legs:

Full workshop agenda is on this month's Newsletter at: terencedunn.substack.com
along with this fee structure below. For those in the New England region wanting to attend the workshop in person, register early (Immediately) and reserve your rooms--because the Dragon's Nest event space has room for 18 participants (13 to 16 lodgers) and half the class is already filled.

TUITION

• Live attendance: $440 early registration till January 27

$495 on day of workshop

• ZOOM PARTICIPATION: $40 per 2-hour session or $250 for all 7 sessions

• Please send tuition via Paypal (to zenbearinc@gmail.com) or via Zelle (to terencepdunn@gmail.com ) •

To see a recent clutch review by a serious student and highly credentialed Chinese medical professional who Zoomed the FP workshop in the fall of 2022, read David Lloyd Hastings's post of October 8, 2022 on Page 221 of the FP Chi Kung thread on Daobums.com, at this link:

I HOPE TO SEE A WHOLE BUNCH OF YOU AT THIS LUNAR NEW YEAR'S WEEKEND WORKSHOP--FOR WHAT BETTER WAY TO BRING IN THE YEAR OF THE DRAGON THAN TO MEET IT IN FLIGHT WITH YOUR VERY OWN PHOENIX!

HAPPY NEW YEAR OF THE DRAGON IN ADVANCE,

Sifu Terry Dunn

For full details, workshop content, schedule, and registration info visit:
https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/flying-phoenix-qigong-workshops-schedule

Last edited:
  • Equanimity
Reactions:

Rongong

Student
I’m transferring my question from the 2023 thread here. Hopefully, I’m not being (too) annoying in my persistence.

I’m wondering if it’s okay for the exhale to be ‘chopped‘, sort of like a calmer version of how women giving birth are taught to exhale. This helps me exhale the right percentage, but I‘m know doubting whether it needs to be one continuous stream instead?
It’s just easier, right now at least, to do the exhale segmented because I’ve gauged how long each ’push’ or ‘pocket of exhale’ needs to be for my lungs to emptied from 10 of them.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Pak_Satrio

ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ
Practitioner
Hi @Zen-Bear

I had an interesting moment during Moonbeam today. After hearing about many practitioners “stopping the world” during Moonbeam I think it finally happened to me. It lasted for just a second or two, all sound stopped (including wind and any ringing in my head) and then suddenly came back. It happened during the stage where I move my arms from right to left towards the end of Moonbeam. Is this the “stopping the world” that you were talking about?

Regards,

Jonathon

Pak_Satrio

ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ
Practitioner
Hi @Zen-Bear

I had an interesting moment during Moonbeam today. After hearing about many practitioners “stopping the world” during Moonbeam I think it finally happened to me. It lasted for just a second or two, all sound stopped (including wind and any ringing in my head) and then suddenly came back. It happened during the stage where I move my arms from right to left towards the end of Moonbeam. Is this the “stopping the world” that you were talking about?

Regards,

Jonathon