Alchemical Garden Forum

Please visit Entering the Garden and discover what are our sustaining roots. You may only apply with us if you agree and consent to our Community Vision and Purpose and Ethos and Ethical Guidelines.

The registration includes writing a letter of application in which you sincerely tell us why you wish to join.

feedback This Forum is Work in Progress!

Good constructive feedback helps us all get forward when it's directly given to the right people, although sometimes feedback might be of more indirect and anecdotal type. Unhelpful initiatives are unlikely to garner attention or support.

Roots of Virtue

At Your Service
Staff member
Hello everyone and welcome aboard!

I hope that what you have seen so far has pleased you.

You might have observed that this board is work in progress and many improvements are still coming forth. Therefore let's keep the forum under a wrap for now and not make a splash about it until it's fully tried and truly ready for the public view.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, then please feel free to share here.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

endbegin

Practitioner
Tutor
Thanks. In fact, by me not paying too much attention, I think I could be the key to finding out what can easily be found here or not haha.

It could be worth reshuffling some things so that the more "social aspects" are highlighted at the top of the forum? idk, I'll let you sit on what I've said today and see if it helps in any way :)

@Roots of Virtue Actually, there's quite a lot of stuff at the bottom when searching the the Forums page that would be more appealing at the top! The "School" stuff for beginners is a great way for new people to get involved. "Personal Training Logs" are good to have high up but also, "Basic and Intermediate Practice Instructions" and "Martial Arts and Internal Cross-Training Topics" would look good, away from anything about "Scamgong", which could sit lower down with "What Went Wrong?" I know that messes a little with your structure, as some is "Inner Door", and others restricted, but just at a glance and having been away from the forum, I'd say you don't risk much by considering shuffling it all around.

Happy to have a Skype at some point if you like, chat over it with a tea :) I'm back from my travels after 16th, so reach out if you fancy.

• Equanimity
Reactions:
Upvote 0

Roots of Virtue

At Your Service
Staff member
Actually, there's quite a lot of stuff at the bottom when searching the the Forums page that would be more appealing at the top! The "School" stuff for beginners is a great way for new people to get involved. "Personal Training Logs" are good to have high up but also, "Basic and Intermediate Practice Instructions" and "Martial Arts and Internal Cross-Training Topics" would look good, away from anything about "Scamgong", which could sit lower down with "What Went Wrong?" I know that messes a little with your structure, as some is "Inner Door", and others restricted, but just at a glance and having been away from the forum, I'd say you don't risk much by considering shuffling it all around.

Thank you for your feedback. You made a good point about making the more accessible content more visible, but what you should realize is that not all of the content you list is visible to all users.

I made some re-arranging of the forum structure, and I hope as many people as possible find it an improvement.

• Loving-kindness
Reactions:
Upvote 0

endbegin

Practitioner
Tutor
Thank you for your feedback. You made a good point about making the more accessible content more visible, but what you should realize is that not all of the content you list is visible to all users.

I made some re-arranging of the forum structure, and I hope as many people as possible find it an improvement.

I just logged back out to view it more objectively and this is already an improvement. Having "Talk About Good Practice" and "Qigong Chinese Health" as the main topics at the top are great to ease people in. The reordering of everything else also seems easier to follow. Good work :)

Edit: If I could be so bold as to make another few suggestions, which I think would be the icing on the cake? See if you agree:

Under "Announcements and News", could "Community Vision and Purpose" and "Ethos and Ethical Guidelines" sit above the other two pinned posts? I just feel that would provide a more positive vibe, as opposed to the threads about scams and bad teachers being at the very top? Not sure how easy they are to move...

Also, maybe add one pinned post as well that informs us there is a "Personal Practice Journal" section for proper practitioners once you are a member. It could be a locked thread by all means, but I think it would be a nice little advert for anyone curious who is viewing the forum.

Imo, that should be enough to draw in more (and the right) type of people.

Last edited:
  • Equanimity
Reactions:
Upvote 0

Roots of Virtue

At Your Service
Staff member
Under "Announcements and News", could "Community Vision and Purpose" and "Ethos and Ethical Guidelines" sit above the other two pinned posts? I just feel that would provide a more positive vibe, as opposed to the threads about scams and bad teachers being at the very top? Not sure how easy they are to move...

Done, as these two core topics deserve more attention.

Seeking "positive vibes" and highlighting comfort zones is not a design principle that I can entirely agree with. The goal here has always been to seek wisdom beneath surfaces and not to avoid difficult matters.

Also, maybe add one pinned post as well that informs us there is a "Personal Practice Journal" section for proper practitioners once you are a member. It could be a locked thread by all means, but I think it would be a nice little advert for anyone curious who is viewing the forum.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will use it in another context later. This type of information should go to a rewrite of the Community Vision and Purpose page.

• Equanimity
Reactions:
Upvote 0

endbegin

Practitioner
Tutor
Seeking "positive vibes" and highlighting comfort zones is not a design principle that I can entirely agree with. The goal here has always been to seek wisdom beneath surfaces an

Sure, I fully agree with the purpose. Instead of using the word "positive", I'll go with "constructive" instead. I feel the better structure is to say, "This is what we are and this is what we're doing. This is our goal...however beware of the following."

• Equanimity
Reactions:
Upvote 0