Alchemical Garden Forum

Please visit Entering the Garden and discover what are our sustaining roots. You may only apply with us if you agree and consent to our Community Vision and Purpose and Ethos and Ethical Guidelines.

The registration includes writing a letter of application in which you sincerely tell us why you wish to join.

group study Flying Phoenix 2023 Thread

Group study openly invites people to learn and exchange thoughts together based on premises that are always explicitly pointed out, however loose they might be. Any fixed discussion outcomes aren't called for, but the intent is in personal growth and understanding. It's good to keep mindful and respectful of both what is and what isn't relevant for discussion though.

Earl Grey

Gonzo Daoist and Dharma Punk
This is the new place to continue the ongoing Flying Phoenix general discussion on the year 2023.

Previous year's discussion can be found here: Flying Phoenix 2022 Thread.

On the 3rd of January, @Pak_Satrio and I attended the intermediate streaming session with Sifu Terry @Zen-Bear.

We went over the Tao Tan Pai cane form and monkey form, Moonbeam Splashes on the Water, a Bok Fu Pai meditation, two special Tai Chi meditations, and the MSW long form.

Anyone who still has doubts about the benefits of joining a streaming class, I highly recommend trying it a few times for the low price of $60 a session.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Earl Grey

Gonzo Daoist and Dharma Punk
The other day, I did the following set:

MSW long form
BSM 50 30 10
MSW3 90 80 50 20
AMSW 50 20 10

MHPearl supine 10 minutes
Bending the Bows 18x
Moonbeam
Long form

Days later, my home still is saturated with FP qi.

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Pak_Satrio

Practitioner
Tutor
Hi Sifu Terry,

I had an interesting experience today during Wind Above the Clouds. At the end when my arms are raised forward in front of me and I push them down I heard the wall mounted tv in front of me make a sound as if gently hit by something, like a small breeze or burst of energy. Is this an intended side effect? I will try again tomorrow to see if it happens again.

Regards,

Jonathon

• Equanimity
Reactions:

Zen-Bear

Sifu Terry Dunn
Teacher
Hi Sifu Terry,

I had an interesting experience today during Wind Above the Clouds. At the end when my arms are raised forward in front of me and I push them down I heard the wall mounted tv in front of me make a sound as if gently hit by something, like a small breeze or burst of energy. Is this an intended side effect? I will try again tomorrow to see if it happens again.

Regards,

Jonathon
Hi Jonathon,

Congratulations. With this side effect, you've discovered how powerful a meditation "Wind Above the Clouds" is and that it lives up to its name! All kinds of unexpected energy phenomena can manifest outside of your body when you're practicing FP Qigong moving meditations, especially when you've established the cultivation and a reserve of the FP Healing Qi is starting to build...or in other words, when deep healing is taking place. As within, so outside. In your case, you've already established the practice of the Monk Gazing At Moon, Monk Holding Peach, and Monk Holding Pearl stationary meditations.

At the end when my arms are raised forward in front of me and I push them down I heard the wall mounted tv in front of me make a sound as if gently hit by something, like a small breeze or burst of energy. Is this an intended side effect?

• Only you know for certain. If you've never heard any sound like that come from your tv (I assume it was turned off), then it was real. But first, on the final movement after you extend the arms forward to shoulder height, you should let the arms float downward very, very slowly and passively--and not "press" them down with any intention. If you "pressed" your extended arms downward, as you described, that extra focus and intentionality--that is not normally applied on that last movement--could have caused the small breeze that hit the tv.

If you had clear visualization with your eyes closed of that slow arms-extending-to-shoulder level movement (from square horse stance holding the ball [left forearm above the heart, right hand at the tan tien]), if you were adequately relaxed, that total-body movement alone will normally cause the energy around you to "shift." As within, so outside.

Let me know if your FP practice brings on more sounds and vision.

Best.

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Equanimity
Reactions: